Change is good. It has to be because business is always in flux. So we’re better off embracing it, not fighting it.
We exist, here at d.trio, in the agency world where everything changes and time is accelerated like dog years – so we’re happy to look back on 10 successful years. We’ve learned a lot. And, no year has been the same as the last one.
So what is the point? The point is I’ve been thinking a lot about business and how change has affected our choices. As a result, I’ve come up with the top 10 reasons change is good:
1. Change keeps your ideas fresh – and we’re only as good as our ideas in business.
2. Change makes you keep learning – short term this keeps our strategies relevant and leading edge; long term we fight Alzheimer’s!
3. Change makes every day different – it fights boredom and give us a reason to look forward to tomorrow.
4. Change keeps you on your toes and thinking sharply.
5. Change is the enemy of hubris, which is the enemy of long-term success.
6. You learn more from change, such as failing at something, than you do from unfettered success.
7. A change of view can help keep the important things in perspective.
8. Change is responsible for inspiration (and inspiration can also create change).
9. Without change, there wouldn’t be game changing technologies like the personal computer, the iPhone and maybe the iPad http://www.garysky.net/ipad-review-by-cnet.html (time will tell) – things that make people think differently.
10. Change is required to take a leap of faith – as we did 10 years ago to start d.trio!
So go embrace change today. Share with us how change has affected your life – we’d love to hear what your experience has been here or at our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dtrio