As the newest addition to the d.trio team, I had planned to write my first blog about my observations as an outsider at a new agency. But then, Megan sent the following email around and it quickly changed my direction.
“Here’s how generations are characterized by a (self-professed?) generational marketing expert. Curious, do you agree/disagree?
Greatest Generation: Strong work ethic with patriotic undertones.
Baby Boomers: hard workers with rebellious streaks.
Generation Xers: Rebel consumers with minimal time for work.
Millennials: Tech-obsessed, self-centered, but driven to succeed.”
I don’t agree, but in true millennial fashion, I decided instead to focus my blog on a little fact sheet surrounding my “favorite” subject: me. So enjoy the accompanying infographic and allow me to ironically introduce myself through some of my favorite things.
- Britney Spears – I don’t care how old I get I will always love the Princess of Pop.
- Chicken wings and beer – if I have to explain this, we might not be able to be friends.
- Veuve – or just champagne in general. But as a side note, Veuve is best served when someone else is buying.
- Puppies – I have a cockapoo. Her name is Olive. She is a sassy little rug rat.
- Running – I love to run the stress of the day away. I’m like a border collie, too much time locked inside and I go a little nuts.
- The Minnesota Twins – I love baseball, but I have a special affinity for the Twins. It works on multiple levels too because I am also an identical twin. I’m all about multi-purposing.
- The ballet – I love to dance but it’s really more of a hobby. I leave the exhibition of this art to the professionals.
- Scary movies – I studied some film in college and my favorite classes focused on breaking down the psyche of horror films. Don’t get me started on that subject…
- Fashion – Coco Chanel is a personal hero of mine, but I love all fashion. Especially fashion on a budget. (I am at EXPERT level in online shopping).
- Mexico – this is my happy place. I take a trip every year with my family. It is my absolute favorite thing.
- Gummy Bears – See above comment regarding chicken wings and beer.
- Minneapolis – I hate the winter. HATE. I apologize in advance to my colleagues who will have to hear me complain January through April. But once May hits, this is hands-down one of the best cities to live in.
- Vietnamese Pho – while we are on the subject of Minneapolis, did you know we have one of the largest populations of Vietnamese immigrants? Guess what that means… Pho! If you haven’t tried this traditional noodle soup dish, you’re missing out. And if you need suggestions on where to go in MN, ask me. Shout out to Quang’s Restaurant off Eat Street in Minneapolis! (They know me by name)I hope you enjoyed getting to know me, and I really look forward to getting to know all our d.trio clients as well! I couldn’t be more thrilled to be on the d.trio team, thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome.