Here at d.trio, we are fortunate to have the ability to work remotely when necessary. We have an excellent array of technology tools that allow us to service our clients without skipping a beat. In fact, many of our clients work from home part-time or full-time.
The marketing services industry is not alone in this trend. According to a 2013 Forbes article, 30 million Americans work from home at least once a week and that number is expected to increase by 63% over the next five years. Working from home saves both employers and employees money. Employers report increased productivity and employees report increased job satisfaction. For additional facts, check out the great infographic at the end of this post on The Benefits of Employee Telecommuting.
How do we ensure that we are contributing to those positive outcomes and working productively from our home office? Here are some simple tips suggested by Entrepreneur magazine:
- Set boundaries – avoid personal calls or household tasks during the workday.
- Take a lunch break – use this downtime to recharge and refocus.
- Dress for the job – wear work attire to provide a separation between work time and normal at home time.
- Have a routine – creating a work routine is important so that you stay on task.
- Remove distractions – keep the TV off and surround yourself with work-related things. If possible, dedicate a separate work area. Some experts further suggest listening to music without words and avoid sitting directly in front of a window.
Working from home is not for everyone. But if you enjoy it, give these tips a try.
Via: BOLT Insurance
Forbes.com, February, 2103
Entrepreneur.com, April 2015